Stamps (Philately)/Identifying Germania Def Issues

Dear Peter

Thank you for your prompt reply and your honest answer.  I am new to German Reich collecting, so here goes.

I recently read a post from you on this website regarding how to distinguish between 4 different Germania issues, and in your post you referred to one of the issues having "raised background".

I guess my question then also gets to the question of identifying the various Germania issues.  I am aware of the watermarks etc, but some appear/look almost the same.

Do you perhaps some more information for me please Peter?

Thank you so much.

Germania differences
Germania differences  
Hello Johan,

I think you refer to this question/answer.
However, I cannot find the phrase "raised background".

Maybe it will help to see the enlarged images to realize the differences.
Please refer to the attached file.
The numbers refer to the Michel catalog as explained in my original answer.

Kind regards

Stamps (Philately)

Peter Lang

I can answer questions about `music on stamps` which covers composers, instruments and singers as well as musical notes, dance, opera and all other music related topics shown on stamps, postmarks and postal stationaries.

I am collecting 'music on stamps' since more than 30 years. Since 1994 I'm the editor of the magazine 'Der Musikus' which is published quarterly in German with English and French abstracts.
Please ask for a free copy at motivgruppe
Since 1995 I'm president of 'Motivgruppe Musik', a musical stamp club with appr. 300 members from 28 countries. Besides of several musical stamp collections I've a special library with more than 100 books about music and more than 600 books, booklets and articles about music on stamps

More than 500 articles about 'music on stamps' mainly published in our quarterly magaine "Der Musikus" (German / English / French).
Several articles published in "The Baton" (magazine of PMC).
Several articles published in topical stamp magazines in Germany, France, Japan, The Netherlands ......
Please also visit ""

There isn't a special education on stamp collecting but I've got the certificate from the Bavarian stamp society to act as a judge for topical stamp collections at competitive stamp exhibitions. In my 'civil job' I'm a graduated engineer for computer science.

Winner of the international "Augusto Massari Price" 1997 which is told to be the "Oscar in Music Philately".