Stamps (Philately)/Need Help!

Question
1957 christmas greetings stamp
1957 christmas greetin  
I have researched this and can not find it nor value. Can you help?

Answer
Hi Robey,
Thanks for the question,
Robey, the stamp you have is known as a "Christmas Seal", they are not an actual postage stamp. These were issue by a few different charitable organizations over the years to help raise money, amd were often attached to letters during the Holiday season (not as postage). These are actually listed in the "Scott Catalog" (used by most stamp collectors). Yours could be one of a few different minor varieties listed only as a block of 4 (This was issued in a sheet of 100 with 2 different stamp designs attached to each other). The catalog number could from WX184 to wx188 depending on the variety. Unfortunately because these are very common and with a very limited collector base the retail value for this is very minimal, only a few cents.
Thanks for the question,
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern