Stamps (Philately)/stamp values

I have a non-perferated roll of U.S. postage stamps, with the "F" value.  What would this 100 coil stamp be worth?
Also, I have a number of stamps which I purchased from a stamp collector almost 20 yrs. ago & would like to find a buyer or buyers for the stamps ---  do you know of any philatelic groups in the area west of Atlanta, ie Marietta, Douglasville, Etc.  Thank you.

Hi Susan,
 Very interesting.  The Post Office, back in the early 80's or so started to use letters like "A, B, C, D, etc" when they were about to raise the postage rate from one value to another, but that required approval from a government agency first.  The problem for the post office became, as soon as the approval happened, they wanted to use the new rate as quickly as possible, and since they would ask for some increase, it may or may not get approved at the full value.  So these stamps are "transitional" and once they got approval, ran out of the letter value, then they started printing the actual value (in this case 29 cents) on the stamps.  I'm also assuming in this case, your stamp is yellow background with a red tulip on it?
 Scott catalog lists an imperf par valued at $25.  Have you opened the roll to see if the entire roll is imperforate?  This would be somewhat unlikely, but you need to determine if the entire roll is imperf or just a few around the outer edge.  In any case, this may be a highly interesting item, potentially unique if still fully in tact, and to specialist collectors could bring a descent value.  If you consider the value of an imperf pair is $25 (full retail catalog value) then there would be 50 pairs in a roll of 100, having at least a catalog value then of $1,250 if the pairs were separated.  I would suggest, they are more valuable as an in tact roll, and that should bring a premium.  That said, "CV" (catalog value) is typically driven by auction sale values, so to get that amount, it would need to go to an auction house like Siegel, selling it to a dealer (who needs to make money on it as a resale item) or through eBay is more likely to get you from 30% to 60% of catalog value, but those are just estimates, it really is the "whim of the public" in some of these cases as to what they will pay for stamp Error items.
 As for selling, there are 2 ASDA (American Stamp Dealer Association) recognized stamp dealers in the Atlanta area.  (Always use an ASDA accredited dealer, or at very least an APS (American Philatelic Society) recognized member/dealer.  You can be confident in their ethical handling of your collection.  The two in GA are:

Stamps Unlimited
100 Peachtree St. NW Suite 1460
Atlanta, GA 30303

Swan Classic LLC
PO Box 71657
Marietta , GA 30007-1657

Hope that helps,

Stamps (Philately)

Scott Payton

My expertise is in US, but I have a lot of exposure to worldwide, and with wide reference material, I will do what I can to answer questions about global stamps. In US I have extensive experience in all aspects (does include Administrative overprints for Cuba, China, Puerto Rico etc.). Also, Hawaii general issue and Revenue (pre-statehood). Of course still building knowledge but have been collecting since 1980. Air Mail is a favorite area, but not a limitation. Two specialty areas are Large Banknote issues, and Washington/Franklin identification. Strong experience in Carrier & Locals, Private Die (Also known as M&M for "Match & Medicine" but also includes some playing card and perfume stamp issues.) Recently have been building more back-of-book experience, especially around Official, Newspaper, Revenue and tax editions. Some covers, and cancellations, but not my strong suit. Another area I'm recently diving into. What I can't do: Anything non-US, as it's just not an area I focus on.

30+ years of learning the hard way. A lot of passion for collecting and dealing (as I do both). I don't consider it a hobby... I consider it a serious pursuit that I'm able to do in the hours I'm not occupied by annoying things like sleep. I work closely with some of the global leaders in the expertizing and identification field. Have co-authored several papers (with Mr. William Weiss Jr.) related to identification, as well as tool set to help with quickly identifying the more challenging areas of Washington Franklin. Strong experience in paper types and coil validation.

Member of APS #222356.

1870 - 1879 Large Banknote Issues - Easy Identification (co-authored with William Weiss Jr). Washington-Franklin - Easy Identification (co-authored with William Weiss Jr.) Detecting Fakes, Alterations and Counterfeits (APS Summer Session Expertizing Session materials with William Weiss Jr.)

Thousands and thousands of hours of pouring over hundreds of collections. 30+ years as a collector-to-dealer, avid student of philatelic study. Pre-1900 variation is fascinating, and it seems even after all these years, that I make some discovery every time I look at a new example. APS Summer Session - Fundamentals of Expertizing 2014

100's too numerous to mention.