Stamps (Philately)/Bluish Paper

American Stamps
American Stamps  

American Stamps
American Stamps  
This stamps Bluish Paper???

The best way to detect if you have a "blue" paper issue is to place the stamps upside-down on a white piece of paper.  In daylight, normal stamps will appear with a warm yellowish tinge.  Blue papers will appear with a darker, cool grayish tinge.  Scott 361s are very scarce.  You are more likely to find a Scott 357 or 358.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.