Stamps (Philately)/stamps dated 1732- 1932

I have several different stamps from 1732-1932 I have five red 2cent ,and green one cent Washington, a purple 8 cent Einstein ,and black two cent ,and two like a brown Andrew Jackson 10 cent I could use some extra money and would like to know the value of these intriguing stamps thanks ....       Sincerely the Startin family....

Danielle Startin,

There are no postage stamps from the 1730s - the very first United States stamps were issued in 1845.  It reads like the earliest stamps in your possession might begin with the two cent reds of the 1930s.  The value of stamps from that era depend largely on condition.  Unused, post office fresh examples with full, original gum can be worth in the $2 to $5 range.  Used examples are most often valued at 25 cents.

The brown ten cent Jackson (and two cent black if it also features Jackson) might be something, but I would need you to include clear photos to be sure.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.