Stamps (Philately)/Wofgang Amadeus Mozart

Question
Mozart1
Mozart1  

Mozart2
Mozart2  
I recently came across these framed Mozart stamps (printed in Austria???) - please see attached photos. I was wondering if you could tell me a little about them and if they are worth holding on to. Thank you for your time. (I did have a 3rd image but I can only attach 2)

Answer
Hello Maggie,

the stamps shown on your images have been issued by Austria on March 22, 1991 for the 200th anniversary of Mozart's death. The two stamps have been issued as a souvenir sheet (S/S) with a Mozart portrait on the left and an image of the "Magic-Flute-Fountain" in Vienna on the right. The "stamp" in the middle only a vignette, not valid for postage. The image shown there is Mozart's birth house in Salzburg.
Special postmarks are used to mark the first day of use (lower right item).
The top right item seems to be a black print of the S/S.
The person who designed this frame with a lot of love, was certainly a Mozart lover. However, the philatelic items shown have only a very small value (US $ 2-3). The question of whether to keep the frame or not, therefor is no question of the monetary value but a question of what connects you to the person who designed the frame.

Kind regards from Berlin/Germany
Peter

Stamps (Philately)

Peter Lang