Stamps (Philately)/Inherited a stamp

Sorry you probably get this all the time.  I bought a used book and found inside it a 3c Rose #65 hand cancelled with a fancy letter "R", which I read is from Rockville CT.  It's in excellent condition.  I don't collect stamps so I wonder if it's worth anything.  It's on an old collector's card with the information about it and the word "scarse".  
Thank you for your time,

It might be desirable to cancel collectors, but you'd have to find them.  I recommend  The price marked would be a good starting price for auction.

Good luck!

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.