Stamps (Philately)/Washington 2c with bleeding head

Washington 2C
Washington 2C  
Was just looking through some stamps my grandfather had collected and saw an odd looking Washington 2c. His hair has several bleeding trails and they appear to be the same ink as the rest of the stamp. Is this just an oddity, or should I take better care of it?

The stamp is definitely an oddity, and there is a market for such error stamps, but it is highly speculative.  In general, the more dramatic the error, the more an EFO (error, freak and oddity) collector is willing to pay to get it.  You could contact a U.S. error stamp dealer for an opinion on value.  Try Jack Nalbandian at

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.