Stamps (Philately)/LJ Gage stamps

We have 5 L J Gage $1.10 stamps. Unused and still connected to each other. Are they of any value? And if so what would they be worth? Thank you.

There are three versions of the $1.10 L J Gage revenue issue.  Two have text overprinted in black, either "Series 1952" or "Series 1953".  Since you did not mention an overprint, I assume your stamps are the 1954 version without overprint, specifically Scott number R668.  In mint condition, the stamps have a catalog (retail) value of $2 apiece.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.