Stamps (Philately)/stamps USA

Question
Niagara  rare
Niagara rare  

G W
G W  
I want to ask is rare? possibly say value, and where it can sell. Thank You

Answer
Hello Koncz,
Again, I wish I could tell you they are rare, but unfortunately I don't think it is a 568c. They are  either a  Scott# 568 or a 699 both have a catalog value of less than a dollar. If you check the perfs and one side is a perf 10 then it would have to be sent to a stamp authentication service to be verified, as these are fairly easy to fake.
Koncz, there are a number of different issues that the 5c GW can be, again most are very common, without actually checking each one for perfs, watermark, etc., it is difficult to say, but most again are less than a dollar.
Below is a link to a site " The Swedish Tiger" that is very good in helping identify the different varieties. You will need a perf gauge, a magnifying glass and watermark fluid to check for the different varities.

http://www.theswedishtiger.com/ID.html

Thank you,
Mike  

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern