Stamps (Philately)/US Ben Franklin stamps

How many US stamps have Ben Franklin on them? My daughter has to answer this question for her gift class for fun. It is not being graded. The only hint the teacher gave them is it is more than 1 and less than 10.

Reads like a trick question, unless specific dates are applied.  Franklin appeared on the very first United States postage stamp in 1847, and on well over 100 different issues thereafter, the most recent being in 2006.  Franklin's appearances on United States stamps are second only to ... well your daughter is going to have to look that one up.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.