Stamps (Philately)/Disney classic Fairytales in Postage Stamps

I have five new, unopened and sealed items - book and stamps.
The stamps all say Grenada" and 30 cents.
I have:  Sleeping Beauty, Pinocchio, Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, and Peter Pan.  Are these of any value?  Where would you suggest I try to sell them?
Thank you for your time and advice,

I notice you did not mention Cinderella in that.  This series is from Grenada in 1987, it was a series of 6 sheets, each with 9 stamps on the cover.  They were: Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan and Snow White.  (Their SCOTT catalog number is 1540 - 1545, respectively).
   If you own the full set of 6 sheets, their total catalog value is $25.50.
   These are modern stamps, and as a result, a lot a printed.  For modern stamps, that's really not too bad, but the catalog value and what you can find someone will pay in a stamp market are 2 different things.  If these were sold at a stamp show, you would expect around catalog value.  But if you sell them somewhere like eBay, it's usually 30% - 50% of catalog value unless there is some level of high demand.
   The main thing that makes the "value" in a stamp is its scarcity.  For old stamps, sometimes very few were made, and many would be lost to just throwing away the letter after it was opened or read.  With modern stamps, the main thing that adds value is an "error" like some color that doesn't get printed on the stamp, or perforation that is abnormal, or a fold in the paper while it was printed.  These don't happen a lot with modern quality control catching them in the majority of cases.  So when an error does slip through, it's unusual, and that can result in a high value for stamp.
  Modern era stamps are generally from around 1920 forward.  Between 1920 and 1940 there are a few items that have good value for some scarcity reason, but for the largest part value in "old" stamps comes from pre-1900.  And even in those cases, the "work horse" stamps of any era where 100's of millions are sold, may still only be worth $1 - $3.  So while this probably isn't the greatest news for you, they have a little value.  If you want to sell them and this is all you have, I would take them to a local stamp dealer and see if they would buy them.  You should expect to get about 20% - 30% of the CV, though some may only offer you some % based on face value for a modern stamp.  The reason for this is, they may pay say, 50% of face for modern stamps (in this case 30c x 9 x 6 = $16.20) (so might pay you around $8 for it) as a "postage" set.  They then resell them for 80% of face value (around $13) to someone who wants to use them for "cheap postage".
  A lot of people over the years bought large sheets of stamps expecting them to go up in value only to find, no one wants them, and selling them as singles is worth pennies.  So they dump the whole sheet to get some money back.  Stamp values are kind of like stocks, and sometimes they just don't hold the value.
Hope that helps.

Stamps (Philately)

Scott Payton

My expertise is in US, but I have a lot of exposure to worldwide, and with wide reference material, I will do what I can to answer questions about global stamps. In US I have extensive experience in all aspects (does include Administrative overprints for Cuba, China, Puerto Rico etc.). Also, Hawaii general issue and Revenue (pre-statehood). Of course still building knowledge but have been collecting since 1980. Air Mail is a favorite area, but not a limitation. Two specialty areas are Large Banknote issues, and Washington/Franklin identification. Strong experience in Carrier & Locals, Private Die (Also known as M&M for "Match & Medicine" but also includes some playing card and perfume stamp issues.) Recently have been building more back-of-book experience, especially around Official, Newspaper, Revenue and tax editions. Some covers, and cancellations, but not my strong suit. Another area I'm recently diving into. What I can't do: Anything non-US, as it's just not an area I focus on.

30+ years of learning the hard way. A lot of passion for collecting and dealing (as I do both). I don't consider it a hobby... I consider it a serious pursuit that I'm able to do in the hours I'm not occupied by annoying things like sleep. I work closely with some of the global leaders in the expertizing and identification field. Have co-authored several papers (with Mr. William Weiss Jr.) related to identification, as well as tool set to help with quickly identifying the more challenging areas of Washington Franklin. Strong experience in paper types and coil validation.

Member of APS #222356.

1870 - 1879 Large Banknote Issues - Easy Identification (co-authored with William Weiss Jr). Washington-Franklin - Easy Identification (co-authored with William Weiss Jr.) Detecting Fakes, Alterations and Counterfeits (APS Summer Session Expertizing Session materials with William Weiss Jr.)

Thousands and thousands of hours of pouring over hundreds of collections. 30+ years as a collector-to-dealer, avid student of philatelic study. Pre-1900 variation is fascinating, and it seems even after all these years, that I make some discovery every time I look at a new example. APS Summer Session - Fundamentals of Expertizing 2014

100's too numerous to mention.