Stamps (Philately)/Internal Revenue Stamps

I have several red, uncancelled Internal Revenue stamps, small and large, some still attached to each other, ranging from .50 cents to $1.10.  They are all pretty mint and I was wondering if they have any value.  I also have about 7 mint Commonwealth of Massachusetts Deed Excise stamps, unused with serial numbers, either .5 or .10 cents ea.  Can you shed any light on these as well.  Thank you so much and keep up the great site and happy collecting!

Yes, your red revenue stamps do have value.  But there are hundreds of different issues, so I am not able to identify which stamps you have based on the information provided.  You can look up the value of your revenue stamps at your local library.  Ask at the reference desk for the Scott Specialized Catalog of United States Stamps and Covers.  There you will find photographs and current values for every United States stamp ever issued, sorted by date of issue.  In the 2016 edition, the revenue issues you describe (such as the $1.10 denomination) begin on page 685.

Regarding the Massachusetts stamps, the Scott Catalog does not track state revenues.  You might contact a revenue dealer who sells state revenues.  I suggest Eric Jackson at

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.