Stamps (Philately)/Scott 1278

Scott 1278
Scott 1278  
In the past, you answered a question about a miscut Scott #1278 that was preforated on three sides. You stated it wasn't rare or valuable unless a significant portion of the adjacent stamp was shown. Mine has the full name Thomas Jefferson shown, is our worth anything?

Your miscut error might be worth a dollar or two to an EFO (Error, Freak and Oddity) collector. You could try offering the stamp for auction on  There is a specific category for stamp errors.  I recommend a brighter photo.

Good luck!

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.