Stamps (Philately)/Questions on old postage

I've had this postcard for years and have not been able to get much information on it. Can you help with determining a value of it with the postage? It's in perfect condition as its been kept in a protective sleeve.

Your postal card is designated Scott number UX12 and was first issued in 1894.  Despite its age, this postal card, pre-printed with address and/or message, is fairly common.  It has a catalog (retail) value of $2.25 in fault-free, eye-appealing condition.  

To offer some perspective, the same card, unused and without pre-printing, is rarer and valued at $45.  In postally used condition, UX12 is valued at 65 cents.

-Mark Leon

I deal in United States Stamps
American Art Glass
and Halloween Costumes!

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.