Stamps (Philately)/Unperforated

Hi Mike,
I have a 2011 roll of 4-ever stamps that have the perforation in the middle of the stamps. I also have a book of 4-ever stamps 2014 where the back of the book is ok but 4 of the 8 stamps on the front  have an extra perforation, horizontally across the top 1/3 area of the stamps but the normal vertical perforations are aligned properly.
Are these collectable and what value would you place on them?
Thanks for your help.

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the question,
The quick answer is yes they certainly are collectible. These would be of interest to collectors of EFO's (Errors, Freaks and Oddities). They are known as misperfs if they are the stamps with the holes to separate them, and are called Diecut shifts on the stamps with the wavy lines.

Tom, I can't be 100% sure, but it sound like roll you have may be the "Statue of Liberty and Flag" coil. There are a few different varieties of this coil depending on the size of the diecut, so I can't give you the exact Catalog number. But no matter which variety it is, I would estimate them in the $10-$12 per pair range retail value. With a slight premium for the stamps with a Plate number at the bottom, collected in strips of 6 with the plate number in the middle. Keep in mind that this is retail prices sold by pairs over a long period of time. If you wanted to sell them fast as a roll, you could probably expect to get in the $150 range, as now somebody else has to go to the time and expense of selling them in pairs over time.
If they are not the stamps mentioned above, then chances are the values would be less.

Tom, just a couple of notes, if you have not already, you may want to look at the entire roll to see if the diecut shift is consistant throughout the roll, as I have seen many vary quite a bit throughout the roll, the prices above are for the complete roll being shifted to the middle. Also these have to be cut apart neatly without damaging them or the value would be reduced

Now as for the booklet pane, that is also called a diecut shift, the two rows of stamps with the double diecuts would have actually been the thin strip between the stamps that you remove to fold the booklet. Again I can't be sure which booklet pane this is, as there was more than one booklet issued in 2014 , but in general they range from $15-40. Because yours is on the front only affecting 8 stamps I would estimate yours in the lower end of that range.

I hope this helps. If you have anymore questions you can do either a do a follow-up or email me.

Thanks again for the question

If you would like to find out more about EFO's (Error's, Freaks and Oddities) then please visit the site of the EFOCC (Error's, Freaks and Oddities Collectors club)

Or if you would like to see examples of a lot of different EFO's then you may want to check out my Ebay or Bidstart Stores at the link below.

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern

My specialty is United States Errors, but I can answer most questions on United States stamps (except covers). I have been collecting U.S. stamps for about 35 years, and U.S. Errors for approximately 25 years. I have been selling both online for about 4 years. I am also a member of the APS (American Philatelic Society)

As I said above, I have been collecting U.S. stamps for about 35 years, and U.S. Errors for approximately 25 years. I have been selling both online for about 4 years, mostly on Ebay and

I am a 25+ year member of the APS

I went to 2 years of college at Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, and received a degree in Applied Science