Stamps (Philately)/1956 wedding stamp

Can you please help me value this stamp? Its not cancelled. its in prestige state and we have the original U.S. Oregon Oregonian newspaper article from February 27, 1956 for this stamp.
Sam & Alesha

I assume by this you mean the Monaco stamp for the wedding of Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier in 1956.  The Wedding was held 19 April, and the stamp was issued on the same day.

There are actually 8 of these stamps issued in the following colors and denominations:

1 Franc - Green & Black
2 Franc - Carmine & Black
3 Franc - Violet Blue & Black
5 Franc - Yellow Green & Black
15 Franc - Red Brown & Black

Air Mails
100 Franc - Violet Brown & Bluish Violet
200 Franc - Carmine & Violet Brown
500 Franc - Grey Blue & Violet Brown

If you have the whole set, it's worth between $20 - $40 USD.  Sorry, having an article about the stamp doesn't increase it's value to collectors.  If it's a single stamp, the value in the non-airmails is less than $1.  Stamps after 1940 are considered "Modern", and in most cases, a lot were printed.  What makes a stamp valuable is it's scarcity.  These are not terribly scarce, especially in he values under 100 Francs.  For the lower denominations 1F - 15F between 14 million and 3 million of each of the stamps were printed.  For the higher values, around 300,000 of each were printed, so this does put them in a better class for two reasons: 1) They have a higher "face" value to start with and 2) There are fare fewer of them printed, but with numbers like 300,000+ they are still considered a "commonly" available stamp.

Hope that helps.

Stamps (Philately)

Scott Payton

My expertise is in US, but I have a lot of exposure to worldwide, and with wide reference material, I will do what I can to answer questions about global stamps. In US I have extensive experience in all aspects (does include Administrative overprints for Cuba, China, Puerto Rico etc.). Also, Hawaii general issue and Revenue (pre-statehood). Of course still building knowledge but have been collecting since 1980. Air Mail is a favorite area, but not a limitation. Two specialty areas are Large Banknote issues, and Washington/Franklin identification. Strong experience in Carrier & Locals, Private Die (Also known as M&M for "Match & Medicine" but also includes some playing card and perfume stamp issues.) Recently have been building more back-of-book experience, especially around Official, Newspaper, Revenue and tax editions. Some covers, and cancellations, but not my strong suit. Another area I'm recently diving into. What I can't do: Anything non-US, as it's just not an area I focus on.

30+ years of learning the hard way. A lot of passion for collecting and dealing (as I do both). I don't consider it a hobby... I consider it a serious pursuit that I'm able to do in the hours I'm not occupied by annoying things like sleep. I work closely with some of the global leaders in the expertizing and identification field. Have co-authored several papers (with Mr. William Weiss Jr.) related to identification, as well as tool set to help with quickly identifying the more challenging areas of Washington Franklin. Strong experience in paper types and coil validation.

Member of APS #222356.

1870 - 1879 Large Banknote Issues - Easy Identification (co-authored with William Weiss Jr). Washington-Franklin - Easy Identification (co-authored with William Weiss Jr.) Detecting Fakes, Alterations and Counterfeits (APS Summer Session Expertizing Session materials with William Weiss Jr.)

Thousands and thousands of hours of pouring over hundreds of collections. 30+ years as a collector-to-dealer, avid student of philatelic study. Pre-1900 variation is fascinating, and it seems even after all these years, that I make some discovery every time I look at a new example. APS Summer Session - Fundamentals of Expertizing 2014

100's too numerous to mention.