Stamps (Philately)/13 cent Air mail stamp

Scott catalog #C-79 b, This air mail stamp is precanceled (WASHINGTON D.C.). What is the value of this stamp? 2. What is a permit holder for this stamp?

Sorry for the delay in answering. I'm at a stamp show rather than my usual environs.  The value of C79b bureau precanceled is 85 cents, as opposed to 25 cents for the normal issue.  The permit holder is the company or entity that has applied with the US Postal Service to use precanceled stamps.  The idea is that by not having to run the envelope through a cancelling machine, time is saved thus delivery is speedier.  As a permit holder, there were usually other requirements such as delivering the mail pieces to the post office already pre-sorted by zip code.

-Mark Leon

Stamps (Philately)

Mark Leon

I am a collector of United States postage stamps, and also a stamp dealer. I`m a member of the American Philatelic Society (APS). My principle area of interest and expertise is in United States Stamps.

I've been selling stamps on the internet since early 1996. I maintain a stamp web page that concentrates on mint US stamps issued generally between 1890 and 2009. I'm an active seller on since 1996, under the user id "mleon". You can find my web page at

I have a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science from the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, 1984.