Stamps (Philately)/35c Chavez error

Question
35c Chavez sheet
35c Chavez sheet  

35c Chavez sheet 2
35c Chavez sheet 2  
Hello Mike,
I have a sheet of 100, 35c Chavez stamps P# S1(Scott #2186)that is also printed in reverse on half of the gum side P# S2.  I believe it to be an "offset printing error". Am I correct and if so what is its value?

Answer
Hi Ken,
Thanks for the question,
Ken, you are correct, this is know as a reverse offset error (some also call it a set-off).
These occur during production when a sheet misfeeds into the press. The bottom feed roller then picks up the ink impression, and the next sheet/s is then printed in reverse On The gum side. This sheet had part of a sheet blocking a complete transfer.
This would be of interest to collectors of EFO's (Error's, freaks and oddities). Although these are not common, they are still not considered all that hard to find. I would estimate it at between $125 to $250 for the sheet.
If you have any other questions, you can either do a follow-up or emails me.
Thanks again for the question,
Mike
mike@mikesstamps.com  

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern