Stamps (Philately)/French Council of Europe flag stamp identification.

Question
Flag Stamps
Flag Stamps  
Have searched till I'm blue in the face trying to pin down three French Council of Europe flag stamps. What I think I know is that the design ran from 1958 to 1976 and was issued in many varied multicolored editions, unlike these monochrome examples I am attaching. In weeks of searching the web I have only found one example of the 35F stamp being sold by an Italian guy on the delcampe site. He lists it as a 1958/1959 "brick red" but does not mention any catalog numbers. If you could assist me on a proper identification and if all three were issued in the same year, it would be greatly appreciated. I am not a collector, I am trying to liquidate an inherited accumulation (can't really call it a collection because it's such a disorganized mess). Thank you sir.

Answer
Hi Terry,
  Sorry this one has taken a while for me to get back to you.  They are interesting, and I've still not found an exact match, as France is not my specialty, but this has all the hallmarks of a "Proof".  As you mentioned have seen plenty of multi-color variance of these from 1958 to 1961.  Before stamps are finalized after the design stage, there is a process of test printing, to see how the engraving on the plates that print the stamps are working as expected (printing clearly).  Often these are in a single color, and not in any of the colors that the stamp will be printed in finally, but the most telling clue here is that these are imperforate.  And that is a typical sign.  I'm curious are they gummed or ungummed?
   I'm going to keep looking to get a confirmation but I wanted to give you my initial thoughts about these 3 stamps.

Stamps (Philately)

Scott Payton