Stamps (Philately)/United States Savings Stamps

Question
I have a 1954 Official United States Savings Stamp Album that has $1.30 in stamps. Can you tell me how much it's worth?

Thanks

Answer
Hi Bonnie,
Thanks for the question,

These savings stamp booklets where used to try to help people save money in small amount. You could buy the stamps in different amounts, 10c, 25c, 50c, $1, and $5. When you filled one of the booklets you could exchange it for a savings bond. Sale of savings stamps was discontinued on June 30, 1970. Unfortunately, the lower value 10c stamp booklets are fairly common, and collector interest is not very high, so they do not command a very high price. I would estimate yours at less than $5.
Sorry I wish I had better news.
Mike

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern