Stamps (Philately)/nonperforated, misprinted stamp

Question
non-perforated misprinted stamp
non-perforated misprin  
I would like to know a ballpark estimate on what my roll of stamps is worth. I was with my mother as a child when she bought this roll and remember being perplexed as to why she'd want to keep defective stamps instead of returning them for regular ones. I haven't been able to find any online that look like these. I also have the plastic cover they came in and the paper ring that was around them. My mother has since passed away and my father recently gave them to me.

Answer
Hi Sandra,
My condolences on the loss of your mother, she was very smart to keep them, as they are certainly worth more than normal stamps.
This is know as an imperforate (Imperf)and miscut coil roll. Although they are not common they are also not considered rare, . This would be of interest to collectors of EFO's (Errors, freaks and oddities).
This is listed in the Scott Specialized Catalog as a regular imperf as Cat# 2115f or 2115g, because it is one of the more common coil imperfs it has a catalog value of $10 per pair. As for the miscut part of it, to some collectors it adds to the value and to some it decreases it. These also have what is called a plate number on what I think is either every 24 or 48 stamps, these are more valuable than the regular pairs. As a note the stamps with plate#s are collected as strips of 6 with the# to the left or right of center.  
So this could have a catalog value of between about $500-$1000. These values are full catalog values, which are the maximum retail values, and are just used as a guide for pricing. In my opinion because it is one of the more common imperf errors, this roll would retail for between $150 and $300.
If you have any more questions then you can either do a follow-up or email me.

Thanks again for the question,
Mike
mike@mikesstamps.com

If you would like to find out more about EFO's (Error's, Freaks and Oddities) then please visit the site of the EFOCC (Error's, Freaks and Oddities Collectors club)

http://www.efocc.org/

Or if you would like to see examples of a lot of different EFO's then you may want to check out my Ebay Store at the link below.
Ebay
http://www.mikesstamps.com

Stamps (Philately)

Mike Stern