Star Trek: The Next Generation/Nex gernation
1. What school did John the person who played Q get his acting degree?
2. I've read the Patrick Stewart originally tried for the part of Data and his now using his Voice on American Dad. is that true?
3. What will the new trek movie be about?
4. Is it true that Marina Sirtis and Denise Cosby switched roles on Next generation?
5. Was Deanna Troi character's suppose to be of part Isreali-Jewish British decent? (I'm mean her human half.) And is it accent suppose to sound German or Russian? She had a weird accent.
Well, as per my profile, I'm not too knowledgeable concerning 'off-screen' information about the cast and crew of TNG, but I can answer some of your questions.
1. John de Lancie played the main Q on TNG. Although I wasn't certain about the answer, I did some research. John attended Kent State University, and later went to Julliard on a scholarship. I am not sure where he earned his degree, but I assume it was at Julliard.
2. Yes, this is correct. Patrick Stewart originally did try for the part of Data. Not sure about the second question, though.
3. I've heard rumors that the newest Trek movie (set for release next year) will feature a
'classic' enemy. Khan, Gary Mitchell, Horta, and Trelane are all names I've heard thrown about for the new movie, but other than that, I do not know.
4. Marina Sirtis and Denise Crosby were never filmed in the other's role (Sirtis as security chief; Crosby as counselor), but originally, they were supposed to be in those roles. I am unsure of the reason, but the roles were reversed before filming for "Encounter at Farpoint" began.
5. Marina Sirtis herself is Greek, so I think that the same applies to Deanna Troi. According to memory-alpha.org, "Deanna (Troi) is probably foreign, (anywhere from Italian, Greek, Hungarian, Russian, Icelandic, etc.)."
So, I don't think there's a definite answer. I am also not an expert on accents but I believe that, during the TNG run, her accent may have been Greek. Not sure. (Although if you listen closely, you'll see that her accent changes during the TNG movies!)
Hope this helps.