Star Trek: The Next Generation/Classical music

Matt:  Please follow thread.  Thanks.  Bill

You recently posted a question to Lady Callista in category Star Trek: The Next Generation:

Here's what I remember.  The Enterprise is stuck in space and about to be destroyed with the crew abroad, and it seems there's nothing anybody can do about it.  Picard goes to his chamber or ready room, sits in resignation, and plays a piece of classical music.  What was that piece of music?  It was a very brief scene, but I always found it quite touching.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Unfortunately, Lady Callista could not answer your question. Your question has been moved to the question pool and may be picked up by other experts in that category. Feel free to repost your question to another expert by clicking on the link

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

The episode is called "Where Silence Has Lease" from the 2nd season. According to Memory Alpha, the piece of music that Picard plays in his quarters is Trois Gymnopédies by Erik Satie, a French composer and pianist.

Hope this helps!

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Matt Peterson

In addition to being a long-time fan of the show, I served for five years as a trivia coordinator for America Online`s Star Trek Fan Club, where I wrote and hosted live chat room trivia games.

My knowledge is mostly limited to the show itself, so I do NOT know much about the following: * Star Trek merchandise or collectibles * Conventions, themed cruises, or other events * News about upcoming TV shows or films (including plot details and dates of release) You are much better off asking another expert in this area about the above topics. Thanks!

See "Expertise" (above)