Star Trek: The Next Generation/Weapons locker on the bridge

They don't have a weapons locker on the bridge, do they? For those times someone invaded the bridge, they didn't have phasers stored there. I remember people storming the bridge without them having any defense like that. But I could be forgetting the episode(s) where they showed it. Thanks!

Hello, Erin.

That's a good observation. I don't think so. In "Rascals," for example, Ferengi board the ship and beam onto the bridge. Of course, only Worf has a phaser. (Worf has a phaser by his tactical station.) The Ferengi proceed to take over the bridge.

Even in "Best of Both Worlds," when the Borg beam onto the bridge (in an attempt to abduct Captain Picard), the only one who has a phaser is, again, Worf. It seems silly that during a fight with the Borg, everyone on ship isn't armed with a phaser. Certainly the senior officers should be!

But yes, you're right. The lack of a weapons locker on the bridge (or Engineering) seems to be a questionable decision.

Star Trek: The Next Generation

John Zalewski

I can answer questions about the Enterprise, her crew, and the alien races which frequented the show. I've watched every episode, some several times, so I can answer many questions about plot, characters, or other things you'd like to throw at me! I can't answer questions about the other 4 Star Trek series. I can try, but my knowledge of those series is not as great as my TNG expertise. I also cannot answer questions about the 'behind the scenes' of the show: the show's production, the actors/actresses, etc. I know the names of the actors but that's about it!

Star Trek fan for about 20 years; used to record/watch episodes on VHS until the VCR went the way of the Husnock.

Fan of the show; I learn from watching and hearing the input of others.