Star Trek: The Original Series/The brig

Have they ever shown or mentioned if it's possible or impossible to beam someone out of the brig? I know people like Seven have broken out of it, but say you're a Romulan and they throw you in the brig (like Enterprise Incident). Could your ship beam you out of your cell or do force fields block it? (Granted, shields would have to be down.)

I did some researching and I found that the brig employs a high level force field all around the cell, not just the door. A transporter beam is not powerful enough to get past the force field to achieve a lock on. In Star Trek V, Scotty broke into a brig cell with a phaser but I think the only reason he was able to do that is because he is the chief engineer... I doubt just anybody could have pulled it off.

Star Trek: The Original Series

I can answer most questions about the original series, Voyager and Enterprise. I can answer almost any question about the ships in any of the series.

I have been a Star Trek fan since I was a child and I have read many books on the making of the original series as well as the biographies of many of the stars.

STARFLEET, the international Star Trek fan association. Fairlane club of America. American Station Wagon Owners Association.

Honorably discharged from U.S. Air Force, attended University of Arkansas, honor graduation from many courses from Starfleet Academy through STARFLEET, the international Star Trek fan association.

Honor graduate from tech school in U.S. Air Force. Red Squad from Starfleet Academy.