Star Wars & Phantom Menace/star wars props

I was wondering if you knew anything about the props they used in the Star Wars films? Just some general information would be great.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Most Star Wars props, costumes, models, and concept art were kept by George Lucas and are in a "vault" at Lucasfilm. Many of the original models used in the original trilogy, and the prequel trilogy are located there. The bonus disks on the blu-ray edition of Star Wars gave a look into the archives and looked at some of whats stored there.

The prequel trilogy relied more on CGI than props (which I'm sure your aware of) so there's less actual movie props from them. From the original trilogy, there are models of all ships, weapons, every costume, set piece, and basically everything that was used in the movie. Some props have been lost or destroyed over the years.

But some have made it into private hands. In fact Han Solo's blaster that was used in episodes 5 and 6 was just sold last December for $200,000. If you are looking to buy any authentic props, you would be out of luck. They are rarely up for auction, and are really expensive if they are. Most of the props that are in private hands, are owned by collectors who wouldn't want to sell them anyway. Here is a website from one of the collectors with a list and pictures of the props he owns <>

Sometimes Lucas lends out the props for exhibits, like this one that just ended.

This is a VERY general overview of props, if there is anything more specific you would like to know, just ask!

Thanks for your question, and may the force be with you,

Darth Jerry

Star Wars & Phantom Menace

I am a Star Wars geek! I can answer any questions about anything in star wars. I own the star wars encyclopedia and other books like that. The only thing i'm not to familiar with is the Legacy era (after Han and Leia have kids). But i can still find the answers, it may just take a little more time. My favorite subjects are about Sith, and about the Sith era. *Note* I am not very knowledgeable about prices of old Star Wars toys, comics, and stuff like that. You would be better off asking one of our other knowledgeable experts. But I will look into it if you ask me to. I have a ton of time on my hands so I should be able to answer questions within a day or so.

I read about star wars all the time, I just finished the darth bane series. I'm going to hopefully start to read the newer books, about the legacy era. I read about Sith the most, they fascinate me beyond belief. I own the star wars Encyclopedia and i can get access to the complete visual guide

I don't have any, but i don't really need any to answer questions about Star Wars! All you need to know is I'm very passionate about it!