Star Wars & Phantom Menace/Luke Han Leila
QUESTION: 1. Do you think any of the three main characters will die in the new movies and do you think Anakin's or Papletine's ghosts will show up?
2. How old were Luke and Leila and Han in episode 3?
3. Why does Han call Luke kid most of the time and not by his name?
4. If Luke had become Emperor Papletine's servant, would he have not Vader/Anakin as his other servant anymore?
5. In Star wars 7, 8, and 9 will the films focus on Hans, Leila's and Luke's grandchildren?
6. Did Vader and Han ever meet in the comics or Novels? Thank you!
ANSWER: Dear Kristine,
I just wanted to drop in and take a closer look at your questions. To be totally honest, there hasn't been a lot of information out right now about the new movies coming out, but I'll try to do my best to answer them. First of all, the movies will center around the original characters, so I doubt that any of them will die. As for any "ghosts," it is just to soon to tell. Han was around 40ish when ROTJ came out and Luke/Leia were in their mid twenties. Han calls Luke "kid" all of the time as a term of endearment. Luke is not a servant of the Emperor, but he had him and Vader fighting it out at the end of Jedi, so he could have the strongest at his side. Lastly, as for Vader and Han ever meeting in the comic books or novels, I don't think so. I hope that this had answered your questions for you. If you have any follow-ups, please write back.
---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------
QUESTION: 1. Is their rumors about Chewie showing up in the new movies?
2. Did Vader and Han have any conversations or interactions outside of the Star Wars movies?
3. Did Han ever find out Luke was/is Vader's son in the novels/comics? If he knew Luke's heritage do you think would he stop calling him kid?
4. Do you think at least one of the children or grandchildren will survive?
5. How old were Luke and Leila in episode 6?
As for your follow up question, yes Chewie will be in the new movie. Yes, Han does know that Luke is Vader's son, and Leia is his daughter. As for any of the children or grandchildren being in the movie, Disney erased anything that happened in any of the Expanded Universe novels, so as far as I know, there will be no offspring of either Luke or Leia in the new movies. As for how old, Luke and Leia are, they would roughly around 25 or 26 given that Anakin was in his earlier twenties and the events in the Original Trilogy take place twenty yeas after the events in the prequels.