Stargate SG-1/Thickness of Stargate

John Abreau wrote at 2013-01-05 02:24:00
You mention that the gate has 7 chevrons. It actually has 9 chevrons; dialing a regular gate within the same galaxy only uses 7 of the 9 chevrons. An 8th chevron is needed to gate to another galaxy, and the 9th is needed to gate to the Destiny.  

Stargate SG-1

H Louise

I can answer all questions regarding Stargate SG1, the original movie, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe. I try to be fully up-to-date and have all the released DVDs so far. I can answer questions on the characters, the actors that play them, behind the scenes information, technology, mythology and questions involving quotes and the episodes, including future storylines and news etc. Any question I don`t know the answer to I will happily research until I find it.

I have been a fan of the show since it was first aired. I try to be fully updated and have all the released DVDs including that of the movie that started it all.

I am an allexpert in a number of categories.