Starting a Small Business/start up

i was going to start an adult entertainement business but you hear so many things like consult an attorney first consult one after you have content 18months after i met with one and there was a 4000 retainer fee because of the nature of this business how do i know whos telling the truth?its not your typical biz you know?

As you know I cannot provide you with legal advice. Here is some business advice. Your chosen business area has specific laws and local state requiremts that you need to adhere to. You nee a lawyer to advise you on these. You do not need to pay a retainer as this is a one off need. You also may need legal advice to set up your business if you have partners and/or investors. If it is just you, you can set up a legal company on line, provided you are ure of what kind of company you require.  If not, it is off to an accountant for advice.

If you are setting up a web site you will need to find a host that will accept adult sites and this will cost more but a reputable host will keep you legal.

If you are sailing close to legal requirements with your company you may need to keep a lawyer on retainer in order to protect your interests,

Good luck with your business. My advise is free so pease leave feedback.

Starting a Small Business

Lee Lister

If you are a serious entrepreneur and want to set up your own business or ensure that your existing business is more profitable then let me assist you. I answer questions on business start up, business strategy, business models, business planning, marketing plans, marketing strategy, branding, business tune ups and business improvement. I do not answer any legal, tax or accountancy questions - you should see your own professional adviser about these. If you cannot be bothered to read and rate my answers - I can't be bothered to answer yours! If you have a small internet based company, I would welcome your help in completing a survey and helping me with my Masters Dissertation. I am researching how a small company can build its brand and grow quickly using social media marketing. The survey takes 4 minutes and all information is confidential and will NEVER be used for marketing purposes. Thank you in advance. The link to the survey is below:

Over 20 year’s management, IT and business consultancy experience with businesses large and small as well as being a serial entrepreneur.

A prolific writer and published author, I write on entrepreneurship, project, bid management and career improvement.

BA (Hons) Economics MSc Marketing Management , studying for DBA. Numerous business qualifications.