Starting a Small Business/Start Up

Hello Mr.Almerico

I am attempting to start a business selling herbal tea blends that are aimed at giving specific health benefits for certain occasions. Such as a blend for relaxation, slimming, detoxing, energising and so on.

Seeing as it is so hard to secure funding from banks for business at the moment in the U.K I was thinking about looking at crowdfunding.

I would appreciate any input you might have on this.

You have the perfect project for crowdfunding!  There are a number of things you need to do in order to be successful. Rather than trying to reiterate them all here, let me point you to some of my blogs and videos on the subject at my crowdfunding website,

That is probably the best overview. There are many others that would help. Just look around here:

If you are interested in using our site, I will personally help you get your project going.  Feel free to write me directly at

Best of luck to you.

Starting a Small Business

Kendall Almerico

I am available to answer questions about crowdfunding for businesses. I am available to answer questions related to how to use crowdfunding to start a business, how to use crowdfunding to grow or expand a business and questions related to equity crowdfunding and the JOBS Act. I am available to explain how anyone may use crowdfunding to start or expand their business without giving away any equity in the business, by creatively using crowdfunding to their advantage.

I am an attorney with 24 years of experience helping individuals and businesses. I am the Chief Executive Officer of a rapidly growing crowdfunding website, ClickStartMe, where my primary focus is helping people use crowdfunding to raise money to start or expand businesses.

I am a member of the Florida Bar, and belong to many crowdfunding groups online and on Linkedin. I also have held membership in many professional legal societies.

I graduated from the University of Florida with a degree in Journalism and Mass Communications, then graduated from the University of Florida College of Law with a Juris Doctor degree before becoming a practicing attorney, an entrepreneur and a businessman.

I am an AV rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell, the national lawyer ranking publication, indicating my preeminence in legal ability as well as holding the highest ethical rating that publication grants. I am also a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer as recognized by the Florida Bar, a distinction held by fewer than 3% of all attorneys practicing in the state of Florida.