Starting a Small Business/Starting a business

Hey, Aqib here. I am 22 years old. I have great passion to start my own business. I have studied Entrepreneurship last semester and i really influenced what my teacher taught me. So last night i was thinking to starting my own business after graduation. I play soccer and I want to collect soccer items like T.shirts, caps, stickers, pens, mugs, action figure of soccer players etc etc. I want a shop where i have all these stuff because i have seen these things in typical sports shop. I will make questioners and fill out from my target market which are teens and kids starting from 10-22. So i just want an expert opinion whether this idea is ok or not?

Hello. You really don't need my opinion you need the opinion of your potential buyers. Without buyers who will buy your items at prices they can afford and you can make a profit, you won't have a business. So be a lion, they hunt where their potential food is, they go to the water hole. You need to find your water hole, where your potential buyers will be and their water hole. This would be hobbiest, football mad guys etc. so find your potential buyers, talk to them about what they need and set up your business.  With such a niche business you need lots of research before you become an entrepreneur. Then write, with or without an expert, your business plan. Then you can get started. Also think about selling on the Internet. You could start on eBay and maybe other specialist sites. Research research, research first,.

Starting a Small Business

Lee Lister

If you are a serious entrepreneur and want to set up your own business or ensure that your existing business is more profitable then let me assist you. I answer questions on business start up, business strategy, business models, business planning, marketing plans, marketing strategy, branding, business tune ups and business improvement. I do not answer any legal, tax or accountancy questions - you should see your own professional adviser about these. If you cannot be bothered to read and rate my answers - I can't be bothered to answer yours! If you have a small internet based company, I would welcome your help in completing a survey and helping me with my Masters Dissertation. I am researching how a small company can build its brand and grow quickly using social media marketing. The survey takes 4 minutes and all information is confidential and will NEVER be used for marketing purposes. Thank you in advance. The link to the survey is below:

Over 20 year’s management, IT and business consultancy experience with businesses large and small as well as being a serial entrepreneur.

A prolific writer and published author, I write on entrepreneurship, project, bid management and career improvement.

BA (Hons) Economics MSc Marketing Management , studying for DBA. Numerous business qualifications.