Starting a Small Business/Trying to succeed with business...

Question
I was once doing a bit better generating extra income as part of my site: http://www.excellent-resumes.com. Now days I only get the odd customer that refers me as they've used my service and I do a great job and tell them to recommend their friends...etc

But I'm not satisfied with just a few a month, it used to be a few customers a week and almost 2 or 3 a day at one stage.

I have requested some quotes from web designers for either more marketing or  a revamp as somethings not right.

Are you able to give me pointers that will help customers use the site more or where can I advertise for free to draw them to the site.

Any pointers and tips on how to succeed would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
I have my own site www.JobSuccess.co.uk and have seen the same thing happen.

Go onto,guru or élance or similar and set up a project/s for one or more of the following.

1) Seo of the site to get yourself higher up the rankings,
2) redesign of the site
3) social marketing campaign.
4) articles on career advice.

Also look on fivver for some cheap marketing campaigns.
Start entering forums and getting the site name mentioned.
Submit articles to QUALITY article sites.
Join élance guru etc and sell resumes.

Contact job agencies and give them your details and use quality marketing materials.

Set up a contestt in a local newspaper offering a free resume.
Offer articles, advice etc to magazines and radio stations

Release press statements on PRWeb which gives you links and promotions.

Good luck

Starting a Small Business

Lee Lister