Starting a Small Business/None

I am a guy who is 21 years old, am I too young to start a business?

The thing is that I'm not a studious person and I'm very much into business. But my parents insist that I should do a job after 6 years of studying so I have some limitations. Plus I assume they won't help me in my investment.

But I DO have the permission to start my part time business of a prized chicken breed of my type. But is it a good start for me?

I'm planning to start a business through which, I can be self sufficient after 6 years, or in other words, a millionaire within the next 6 years. How is it possible by beginning with a backyard chicken farm?

People start businesses at all ages but you do need some idea of what you want to do and some experience in your proposed business. If you want to raise chickens why not get a job on a chicken farm and learn as much as you can about the business whilst saving money to start your own company. Your parents are right, you need work ecperience, capital to start a business and a good plan as how to get that business off the ground. Work out your life and business plan for the next three to five years, discuss it with your family, who only have your best interests and happiness in mind. In this way your business will have a firm foundation and a much higher chance of success. If you want to breed chickens then make sure that you gave identified potential customers first. Now is the time to mature, plan your future and become realistic. The chances of becoming a millionaire in six years are not high and are non existent without all of: planning, experience, investment, clear goals and potential profitable products to sell to potential customers.

Starting a Small Business

Lee Lister

If you are a serious entrepreneur and want to set up your own business or ensure that your existing business is more profitable then let me assist you. I answer questions on business start up, business strategy, business models, business planning, marketing plans, marketing strategy, branding, business tune ups and business improvement. I do not answer any legal, tax or accountancy questions - you should see your own professional adviser about these. If you cannot be bothered to read and rate my answers - I can't be bothered to answer yours! If you have a small internet based company, I would welcome your help in completing a survey and helping me with my Masters Dissertation. I am researching how a small company can build its brand and grow quickly using social media marketing. The survey takes 4 minutes and all information is confidential and will NEVER be used for marketing purposes. Thank you in advance. The link to the survey is below:

Over 20 year’s management, IT and business consultancy experience with businesses large and small as well as being a serial entrepreneur.

A prolific writer and published author, I write on entrepreneurship, project, bid management and career improvement.

BA (Hons) Economics MSc Marketing Management , studying for DBA. Numerous business qualifications.