Starting a Small Business/T-shirts... how to sell 1,000,000

"Hey Lee! So me and my buddy Alex Recently started a local Screenprinting shop where we've been making t-shirts. We have a crazy amount of ambition but we are also both very new to the field. What are some of the first steps we need to take to eventually become the next Nike?"

Hi there,  glad you are doing so well with your new business.  I actually wrote a book about starting a T Shirt business. Called Profitable New T Shirt Printing Business.

You can get it on Amazon.  Just search in the book section for Lee Lister or click here: to buy it from my site.

To go to the next level you really need to find good customers, preferably those that want more than one t shirt.  Contact small businesses who might need a uniform and offer to print one to their design. similarly contact groups and sports teams.

Manage your cash flow and make sure that you do not build up too large a stock of unsold t shirts.

Good luck.

Starting a Small Business

Lee Lister

If you are a serious entrepreneur and want to set up your own business or ensure that your existing business is more profitable then let me assist you. I answer questions on business start up, business strategy, business models, business planning, marketing plans, marketing strategy, branding, business tune ups and business improvement. I do not answer any legal, tax or accountancy questions - you should see your own professional adviser about these. If you cannot be bothered to read and rate my answers - I can't be bothered to answer yours! If you have a small internet based company, I would welcome your help in completing a survey and helping me with my Masters Dissertation. I am researching how a small company can build its brand and grow quickly using social media marketing. The survey takes 4 minutes and all information is confidential and will NEVER be used for marketing purposes. Thank you in advance. The link to the survey is below:

Over 20 year’s management, IT and business consultancy experience with businesses large and small as well as being a serial entrepreneur.

A prolific writer and published author, I write on entrepreneurship, project, bid management and career improvement.

BA (Hons) Economics MSc Marketing Management , studying for DBA. Numerous business qualifications.