Starting a Small Business/certificate of occupancy

Question
I am opening a Tattoo studio art Gallery in Arlington and before i signed a lease i checked to see if it was zoned for this and its zoned for CC and should be good to go. now when i went in they told me i would need a special usage permit and that could take min of 90 days to go before the city council, Need to know if there is any way around this like a temporary permit or if we can open before we obtain the CO..any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Dear Clay,

Thanks for your e-mail and I am sorry for the delay.

Congratultions on your business.  Yo probaby found the answer to your question already, however, here is input.  Call the county Occupational License Department and ask if you can either have a temporary license that grants you the permit for starting your business right away or allow you to operate with an "Applied For" License.

Visit www.virginia.gov/business and read about occupational license requirments.

I wis you success in your Tatoo Art Gallery.

Sincerely,

Consuelo DiGuglielo

Starting a Small Business

Consuelo Herrera, International Accountant and Fraud Examiner