Starting a Small Business/Updating Corporate Filing Info

Question
Hi David,

I own a single-member LLC and would like to open a new account with a local bank.  But, identification requirements have become much stricter since I opened my current business bank account, years ago.  I understand that they will check the PA Dept. of State website in order to verify my company as a valid business entity and myself as the business owner.  Unfortunately, the PA dept. of state website, for whatever reason, does not list any officers or owners on my company's profile.  

So, that being the case, the bank will require me to provide a certified copy of my corporate filings with the dept. of state (in PA), listing me as the sole owner.  But, all I have in my records is my original Operating Agreement, not one certified and return from the state.

I've checked with the PA dept. of state, and I've found how to order a certified copy.  But, I see that the information listed there does not list our current address.  (We've moved within the state since that time.)  This is frustrating, since we pay corporate taxes every year, so the PA Dept. of Revenue has our current address.  But, it apparently does not get updated automatically in the corporate filings website.

So, long story short (too late), I'm wondering if you can tell me how to update my address with the PA dept. of state, and/or how to get them to list me as the business owner on their website.  

Thanks for your time and advice.

Jim

Answer
Jim,

The address shown is the address of the registered office (where the registered agent is located).  

Are you the registered agent for your LLC?  If so, you should file a Change of Registered Office form http://www.dos.pa.gov/BusinessCharities/Business/RegistrationForms/Documents/Reg

I hope this answers your question.

David

Starting a Small Business

David K. Staub