Starting a Small Business/how to start my chess business clinic

Hi Sir Lee!

Sir I want to build my own chess clinic. And to be honest I'm new in this field. So I want to ask you sir how can I start my business properly to gain my success? I really want to create my own clinic because for now I'm a varsity of my university in chess and there's a lot of people especially the kids that want me to become their trainor, so i decided to create my own clinic to manage it. Thank you to your reponse sir in advance!

This is one of the areas where you can start slow.  It is also a situation where it will be difficult to make money from your exploits.

There are a number of things that you can do to start your business:

1) Make up a training course on a function within playing chess.  You can start slow on a site such as Udemy.

2) Write an ebook on the subject of playing chess - you can sell on sites such as Fiverr and Kindle.

3) Write a book on playing chess.

4) Set up chess playing seminars for a small price and upsell your courses and books from the back of the room.

5) Advertise chess playing courses and lessons on a regular or ad hoc basis.

6) Lastly set up your clinic offering to provide solutions and answers to questions.

I wish you luck but remember to plan out your strategy and then work from there.

Starting a Small Business

Lee Lister

If you are a serious entrepreneur and want to set up your own business or ensure that your existing business is more profitable then let me assist you. I answer questions on business start up, business strategy, business models, business planning, marketing plans, marketing strategy, branding, business tune ups and business improvement. I do not answer any legal, tax or accountancy questions - you should see your own professional adviser about these. If you cannot be bothered to read and rate my answers - I can't be bothered to answer yours! If you have a small internet based company, I would welcome your help in completing a survey and helping me with my Masters Dissertation. I am researching how a small company can build its brand and grow quickly using social media marketing. The survey takes 4 minutes and all information is confidential and will NEVER be used for marketing purposes. Thank you in advance. The link to the survey is below:

Over 20 yearís management, IT and business consultancy experience with businesses large and small as well as being a serial entrepreneur.

A prolific writer and published author, I write on entrepreneurship, project, bid management and career improvement.

BA (Hons) Economics MSc Marketing Management , studying for DBA. Numerous business qualifications.