Steering Column Repair/1996 thunderbird

how do i remove the stering colom in my car

Hi Kathy:

Why are you taking the column out?
There are lots of things that go wrong in the column that do not require removing or replacing it.  Often replacing it creates more problems that you started with (like the airbag system or the alignment issues).  If you do remove the steering column, you first need to ensure the wheels are turned to the straight ahead position.  This is because you will be disabling the airbag system and will have to make sure you are assembling it EXACTLY as it came out to avoid very expensive mistakes.

Let me know what's wrong with yours & I can either give you instructions to remove it or direct you to our company website page that shows you how to repair the problem you may be having.
Here is the index of repair procedures we offer for Ford vehicles
Ford Repair Instructions Page

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help