Steering Column Repair/2 Questions Ignition/Battery

Question
1.  I have had thieves break my ignition out and not I have to start my truck with a screwdriver.  I want to know if I have to get the entire column fixed or do I just need to get another ignition installed?

2.  Since I do not have an ignition or a radio, it took me a while to figure out when the truck was actually turned off.  I think I finally did that but my battery will not stay charged after night.  I bought a new battery and top post (Thanks to the thieves) and after a day, I started to need a jump.  The battery lasted great yesterday all night but last night, it didn't do well.  I tried to get a jump with perfectly good jumper cables and it seems as if it is not taking a charge what so ever! Please help me! I don't know what to do

Answer
Hi Allison:

Sorry about your car.  I can help you figure this out, but I need to know what year make and model car you have before I can even begin.  Please reply and we can go from there.
Thanks
Doug

Also Allison, if you could post a picture of the damage that would go a long way to help us

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan