Steering Column Repair/Chevy Truck ignition switch

Question
I have a 1976 Chevy 4X4.  It has tilt steering and I went to replace the key switch and discovered that was not the problem it was the gear on the left side had some teeth broke off.  I can not find this part.  I also will needs its keeper.  Ignition Rack Kit?

Thanks for your time

Answer
Hi Chris:

Sorry about your truck.
Yes, the sector gear is a very popular part that fails.  There were 2 designs in 1976, a gear with 5 teeth and a gear with 6 teeth.  You need to determine which yours was.  Usually, the 6 tooth gear was white or yellow and the 5 tooth gear was black.  These are not interchangeable and our company stocks both.  Here is a link to help you determine which one it is and whatever else you may need.
Ignition Actuator gears and parts for tilt columns
I'm not sure what you mean by a keeper, but hopefully, you can tell from the photos and simply order it directly.
Feel free to call us if you have any questions

435-319-6011

Doug

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan