Steering Column Repair/will not start

03 trailblazer 4.2 lit all lights on on the dash. When turn to start, will not turn over.Had start out, checked by jumping it, and the starter did jump out. With key on. have power to solenoid but will not jump out when on vehicle. Need your help ASAP

Hi Gerry:

It sounds like the antitheft security system has kicked in preventing you form starting the truck.  You may need to reprogram the Passlock system.  Here is the procedure:
1.) Turn the ignition ON, with the engine OFF.
2.) Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to the "ON" position (NOT OFF!)
(vehicle will not start).
3.) Observe the SECURITY telltale; it should be flashing. If it is not flashing, then you
need a scan tool to repair this.
If it is flashing…proceed.
4.) After approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn ON for 5 seconds and then OFF.
5.) Once to turns OFF, Turn the ignition cylinder to OFF, and wait 7-10 seconds .
6.) Then: Repeat steps 1 through 5, two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes
7.) After the 3rd time you turn off the ignition, wait 7-10 seconds and then start the
engine. The vehicle has now learned the Pass-Lock Sensor Data Code and/or password and should remain running.

I hope this helps you

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help