Steering Column Repair/will not start

Question
03 trailblazer 4.2 lit all lights on on the dash. When turn to start, will not turn over.Had start out, checked by jumping it, and the starter did jump out. With key on. have power to solenoid but will not jump out when on vehicle. Need your help ASAP

Answer
Hi Gerry:

It sounds like the antitheft security system has kicked in preventing you form starting the truck.  You may need to reprogram the Passlock system.  Here is the procedure:
1.) Turn the ignition ON, with the engine OFF.
2.) Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to the "ON" position (NOT OFF!)
(vehicle will not start).
3.) Observe the SECURITY telltale; it should be flashing. If it is not flashing, then you
need a scan tool to repair this.
If it is flashing…proceed.
4.) After approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn ON for 5 seconds and then OFF.
5.) Once to turns OFF, Turn the ignition cylinder to OFF, and wait 7-10 seconds .
6.) Then: Repeat steps 1 through 5, two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes
7.) After the 3rd time you turn off the ignition, wait 7-10 seconds and then start the
engine. The vehicle has now learned the Pass-Lock Sensor Data Code and/or password and should remain running.

I hope this helps you

Doug---www.steeringcolumnservices.com

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan