Steering Column Repair/94 s10 steering colum

Question
I need help in taking apart my steering colum on my 94 s10 i bought a colum repair kit for the key switch bi can't figure out how to pull the colum apart to replace the parts it has no air bag or tilt I have the steering wheel off tumbler out but can't seem to get the colum to come apart

Answer
Hi John:

I am assuming you have the turn signal switch out if you have removed the tumbler...To remove the upper bowl, the easiest way is to remove the ignition switch (electrical part mounted near the bottom) first.  Then remove the 4  5/16 head bolts that hold the upper bowl to the steering tube.  The entire assembly will then slide off the shaft and tube.  Assembling it is also easier if you do it all in your lap an then slide the assembly on just like you took it off.

Doug

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan