Steering Column Repair/steering actuator housing parts

Question
what would you recommend lubricating the moving parts of the actuator housing assembly with?  It's dry here and we get dust...I have a column in a truck that I am trying to free up the parts in.  Some of the plastic pieces don't want to slide worth a darn anymore.  I was afraid Lithium grease would attract too much dirt and something like WD-40 would eventually attract moisture on cold mornings.  thoughts?

Answer
Hi Mike:
We always use WD40 for lubricating.  It's easy, it can be reapplied through the nozzle without dis-assembly and as you said, it does not attract the dirt like a lithium or heavier grease would.  If you are not happy with that selection, a dielectric grease will work just as well

Thanks for asking
Doug

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan