Steering Column Repair/steering actuator housing parts

what would you recommend lubricating the moving parts of the actuator housing assembly with?  It's dry here and we get dust...I have a column in a truck that I am trying to free up the parts in.  Some of the plastic pieces don't want to slide worth a darn anymore.  I was afraid Lithium grease would attract too much dirt and something like WD-40 would eventually attract moisture on cold mornings.  thoughts?

Hi Mike:
We always use WD40 for lubricating.  It's easy, it can be reapplied through the nozzle without dis-assembly and as you said, it does not attract the dirt like a lithium or heavier grease would.  If you are not happy with that selection, a dielectric grease will work just as well

Thanks for asking

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help