Steering Column Repair/Ford f-150 steering column

I replaced the shift rod and tube assembly in my 1992 ford if-150 along with the transmission shift cable. This all works well now but the truck will not start... It turns over fine but will not fire. Is their anything I could have bumped, forgotten, etc. that would cause the truck not to fire?

Hi Lucas:
There is nothing near where you worked that would do that.  The most common related problem is the fuel shut-off may need to be reset.  That is a small plastic valve (gray or black) behind the passenger kick panel with a red button.  Push it down and see if that resolves your issue.

I hope this was of help
Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help