Steering Column Repair/shifting lever

Question
2002 tilt steering f250 diesel 7.3 shifting was loose for a while now shifter is totally flopping all over no connection i tightened the torque screws underneath but its still flopping all over

Answer
Hello Glenn:

Sorry about your truck.
It sounds like the shift tube itself has broken.  A very common problem.  You will need both the broken tube as well as the inner shaft that bent and caused the tube to break.  We sell both the parts and the instructions on how to replace it.  I would suggest you first remove the upper covers to verify that is the problem.  Then if you do see that it is broken, here are the links for both the parts and the step by step details of how to replace it.  If it is not broken, I woudl look at the cable next.

Shift Replacement Kit
Instructions

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan