Steering Column Repair/tilt steering arm broken Dakota 4x4 2003

The arm off the tilt steering did not activate the mechanism to move steering up or down. How to fix it?

Hello Serge:
Sorry about your truck.  The tilt mechanism uses a small cable to release the tilt.  Either the cable has come off, broken or the mechanism itself has broken.  You will need to remove the covers to see exactly what has happened.  Sadly, if anything has broken, there are no parts from Mopar to repair it.  Your only choice will be a used column or a new one.

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help