Steering Column Repair/tilt steering arm broken Dakota 4x4 2003

Question
The arm off the tilt steering did not activate the mechanism to move steering up or down. How to fix it?

Answer
Hello Serge:
Sorry about your truck.  The tilt mechanism uses a small cable to release the tilt.  Either the cable has come off, broken or the mechanism itself has broken.  You will need to remove the covers to see exactly what has happened.  Sadly, if anything has broken, there are no parts from Mopar to repair it.  Your only choice will be a used column or a new one.

Good luck

Doug

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan