Steering Column Repair/1994 buick 88 no start with key sometimes

Question
my Buick had 190000 miles on it i had a start issue off and on for two years the key its loose in ignition switch if you let it suit a couple days it will restart check starter battery what should i dohj

Answer
From the little information you provided, there is no way for me to diagnose this over the internet.  I can only give you an idea of what's most probable.
First, I am not familiar with a Buick 88.  Olds 88, but not Buick.  But regardless, if yours is either a 1994 Buick, or Olds, most likely you have a little black chip on the key.  That is the antitheft system and it is the probable culprit causing your problem. That system needs to be tested and looked at or a mechanic will have to isolate where the problem is; in the ignition switch, starter, antitheft system or charging circuit.  

Good luck
Doug

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan