Steering Column Repair/1994 buick 88 no start with key sometimes

my Buick had 190000 miles on it i had a start issue off and on for two years the key its loose in ignition switch if you let it suit a couple days it will restart check starter battery what should i dohj

From the little information you provided, there is no way for me to diagnose this over the internet.  I can only give you an idea of what's most probable.
First, I am not familiar with a Buick 88.  Olds 88, but not Buick.  But regardless, if yours is either a 1994 Buick, or Olds, most likely you have a little black chip on the key.  That is the antitheft system and it is the probable culprit causing your problem. That system needs to be tested and looked at or a mechanic will have to isolate where the problem is; in the ignition switch, starter, antitheft system or charging circuit.  

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help