Steering Column Repair/Dodge Dakota steering column assembly

Doug , 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport 4.7L auto 4x4 steering column assy. you have posted an earlier diagram and identified the parts with numbers. Question is : does the upper and lower shaft come as a unit (4 and 5 in the diagram I think) and if so what would it be called so as to order the proper part. Also for a new part would this be a dealer only supply or should I be able to find an online supplier?

Dakota steering colun
Dakota steering colun  
Hi Brian
I am attaching a photo of the diagram (different parts illustration) I believe you are referring to make sure we are on the same page.  Part #8 is indeed an assembly on your vehicle and also, as you suspected, dealer only.  It is called an intermediate shaft.  
The page I have attached is from an on-line dealer that provides the pricing as well.  If yo ulook at the top section, youcan find your part & price
I hope this helps

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help