Steering Column Repair/Dodge Dakota steering column assembly

Question
Doug , 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport 4.7L auto 4x4 steering column assy. you have posted an earlier diagram and identified the parts with numbers. Question is : does the upper and lower shaft come as a unit (4 and 5 in the diagram I think) and if so what would it be called so as to order the proper part. Also for a new part would this be a dealer only supply or should I be able to find an online supplier?

Answer
Dakota steering colun
Dakota steering colun  
Hi Brian
I am attaching a photo of the diagram (different parts illustration) I believe you are referring to make sure we are on the same page.  Part #8 is indeed an assembly on your vehicle and also, as you suspected, dealer only.  It is called an intermediate shaft.  
The page I have attached is from an on-line dealer that provides the pricing as well.  If yo ulook at the top section, youcan find your part & price
www.dodgetruckparts.net
I hope this helps

Doug
www.steeringcolumnservices.com

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan