Steering Column Repair/Lights

I have a 2001 chvy monte carlo. When I click my bright lights switch they come but want stay on. My low beams want come either. High beams will work as long as you holding the switch? What do I replace?

Multifunction switch
Multifunction switch  
Hello Robert:
I'm sorry to tell tell you but the dimmer switch is integral to the multifunction switch.  The lever for the turn signal and high beams are all one switch and it needs to be replaced as a complete assembly  I have attached a photo of the part.  The sorry part comes, because the switch sells for over $560 retail.  It's an easy replacement, but a costly one.  Our company sells the instructions for how to replace it step-by-step here

Good luck

Steering Column Repair

Douglas Gan

My specialties are stolen vehicles, steering column and ignition locks repair, airbag service and installation and diagnosis. My work includes both domestic (USA) vehicles and foreign designs.

30 years owning a company that specializes in steering columns, ignition & airbag related problems

GM certified, ASE certified, 4 yrs college, Mech Tech degree
I own multiple auto repair companies and can help you professionally through any of our websites at: ---- we stock many older steering column parts and can rebuild your column if you ship it to us --- we sell airbag replacement information (no parts) -- we perform investigations for many types of vehicle claims
Please feel free to contact us through any of our websites for more information or help